Professor Hai Guo completed his PhD in Australia and is now a Professor at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, as well as an Adjunct Professor at the Queensland University of Technology in Australia, and at the Wuhan University in China. Professor Guo’s major research interests include atmospheric chemistry and indoor/outdoor air pollution, and he is the editorial board member of the Atmospheric Environment and Aerosol and Air Quality Research journals. Professor Guo is an investigator of over 40 research projects with grants totalling over HK$45 million, and has published over 170 journal papers, book chapter and conference proceedings.
Professor Hai Guo and his team have has recently been awarded the following collaborative ACC-AQSM projects:
- A proposal for a thermal desorption aerosol gas chromatograph and time of flight aerosol mass spectrometer has recently been awarded funding of HK$8,516,592 from the Collaborative Research Fund of the Hong Kong Government’s Research Grants Council (RGC) after several-round highly competitive defences. Led by Professor Hai Guo from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the equipment grant will significantly enhance research on airborne particles and their impact on health and the environment. The three-year project involves eight other researchers, including Professor Lidia Morawska of Queensland University of Technology, Professor Xiangdong Li of Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Professor Chak Chan of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Professor Xinming Wang of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dr Linwei Tian of the University of Hong Kong, Dr Kin-Fei Ho and Dr Man-Nin Chan of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, as well as Dr Zi Ning of the City University of Hong Kong.
- The formation and accumulation of photochemical ozone under the influence of continental and maritime air masses in subtropical Hong Kong and the Estuary of the Pearl River: Field observations and model simulations, HK$1,002,110 funded by Research Grants Council (PolyU 152052/14E)
- Heterogeneous Chemistry of Atmospheric Reactive Nitrogen Oxides: An Integrative Programme for Cutting-edge Science, HK$4,980,000 funded by Research Grants Council under Collaborative Research Fund (CRF) scheme, CRF project (Co-Principal Investigator)
“Right now I am very excited about the opportunity to utilise the most advanced instruments recently obtained to deeply study aerosols and their effects on climate, air quality and health. I like travelling very much because it gives me the opportunity to figure things out that I would not have understood without the distance travelling, allows me recharge my “batteries”, and increases my knowledge and widens my perspective.”
- 近年来，香港政府研究资助局（RGC）资助了一项名为热解吸气溶胶气相色谱仪和气溶胶质谱仪飞行时间的项目，资助金额为8,516,592港元。该项目由香港理工大学郭海教授领头，旨在加强对悬浮颗粒及其对健康和环境的影响的研究。项目为期三年，还有其他八位研究人员，包括昆士兰科技大学的Lidia Morawska教授，香港理工大学李向东教授，香港科技大学Chak Chan教授，中国科学院王新明教授，香港大学田林伟博士，香港中文大学Kin-Fei Ho博士及Man-Nin Chan博士，以及香港城市大学宁知博士。
- 大陆和海洋气团对光化学臭氧形成和累积的影响：现场观测和模型模拟。由研究资助委员会资助，资助金额为1,002,110港元。（香港理工大学 152052 / 14E）